[Haskell-cafe] Memory Leak - Artificial Neural Network

Shelby Moore shelby at coolpage.com
Thu Nov 5 06:07:04 EST 2009

> Hello everyone,
>
> I just implemented an Artificial Neural Network but I'm having a serious
> memory leak. I was very careful of using tail recursion all over my code,
> but for some reason (a.k.a lazyness) my program is misusing incredible
> ammounts of RAM. I read the whole chapter 25 of Real World Haskell trying
> find a solution with no luck. Maybe somebody can take a look at the code
> help me out with this problem, I would really appreciate it.

I suggested an idea for fix to Haskell in general for these:

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell-cafe/2009-November/068633.html

Maybe you might want to vote for my Proposal at the bug tracker for Haskell:

(note Hackage has been down and this page is still giving errors, even
though the page intially came up when hackage came back up)