[Haskell-cafe] Re: question

Joe Fredette jfredett at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:14:07 EST 2009

Well, what have you got so far? This sounds like a pretty homeworky
question, so I don't want to give it away. But try to think about the
types involved. ASTs in Haskell are just Datatypes, cost minimization
is a transformation on that type. Try to think about how to combine
the cost vector and an AST type, and then how to use that combined
information to "tear down" the structure into the new (minimized)
structure.

HTH

/Joe