[Haskell-cafe] Emacs: Haskell snippets for YASnippet

Deniz Dogan deniz.a.m.dogan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 11:41:05 EST 2009

2009/11/4 Daniel Schüssler <anotheraddress at gmx.de>:
> Hi List,
>
> this is rather trivial, but maybe someone else finds these useful:
>
> darcs get http://code.haskell.org/~daniels/haskell-snippets/
>
> Especially the LANGUAGE ones have saved me quite some typing :) Additions
> welcome.
>
> Usage: If not already installed, get YASnippet:
> http://code.google.com/p/yasnippet/
>
> and put this into your .emacs:
>
> (load-file "some-path/haskell-snippets.el")
>
> to expand a snippet, just enter the macro string (these are listed in the
> haskell-snippets.el file) and press <tab>. If the snippet has holes, press
> <tab> again to jump to the next hole.
>

> Greetings,
> Daniel

Cool stuff, I will probably be using this!

In my opinion, the naming convention is a bit inconsistent. Extension
snippets all begin with "-x" but imports begin with "imp". I'd prefer
seeing import snippets begin with "-i" and use names easier to
remember, e.g. instead of "impcms", use "-istate" and instead of
"impdm.Map" use "-imap", etc. At least consider it! :)

And about the "bot" -> "⊥" rule... Is ⊥ really valid Haskell?

--
Deniz Dogan