[Haskell-cafe] What's the deal with Clean?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 10:34:32 EST 2009

Hello Alberto,

> I personally don´t care about raw performance.

me too. actually, i write time-critical parts of my app in c++

> Haskell is in the
> top of the list of language performance.

this list is meaningless, as i said before

> It has all the ingredients
> for improving performance in the coming years:

that's different question. i think that at the last end lazy languages
will become as efficient as assembler, it just may happen not in my
lifespan :)

> I can not care less about how fast is C, when I simply can not
> program many things I need in C or C++ or Java  and in general any
> of the language of the performance list that are above...

if you don't know how to implement things in C, you cannot do it
efficiently in Haskell too. when i write efficient code in Haskell, i
actually use Haskell as obscure assembler (the same holds for C)

> or below,
> because they lack the necessary type safety, expressiveness,
> abstraction.etc.

they also can't make you coffee but it's is different story. i use
Haskell too. i just know that it is slow and use other languages when
i really need speed. it's why my archiver is world's fastest one :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com