[Haskell-cafe] ANN: haskell-src-exts-1.3.0
niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:05:09 EST 2009
I'm pleased to announce the release of haskell-src-exts-1.3.0!
* On hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-src-exts
* Via cabal: cabal install haskell-src-exts
* Darcs repo: http://code.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts
Version 1.3.0 is a new major release, following the PVP, as it
contains a few backwards-incompatible changes, making the 1.2.x branch
a very short parenthesis in history. There are two main new things in
1.3.0: fixity application is now handled uniformly regardless of which
AST you use, simple or annotated, and the parser now supports multiple
modules in the same source file.
* The *.Fixity modules now export the same Fixity type (incidentally
the one previously used by the simple un-annotated parsing) and the
same helper functions. If you've done all your Fixity handling using
the helper functions (infix_, infixl_, infixr_), or if you've only
used fixities for the un-annotated AST, you're safe. Only if you've
manually created values of the annotated Fixity type will you need to
* A new entry point in the parser allows multiple modules to be parsed
from the same source file ( parseModules[With[Mode|Comments]] ).
* SpecialCon is now an instance of Pretty (don't ask me why it wasn't before).
* fromParseResult now displays the filename in case of a failed parse.
* A few bug fixes to the exact-printer (that not many seem to be using
Please help me test and report! Grab a darcs version, put your source
files in the Test/examples dir, and go cabal test (in the top dir).
Any failing cases not due to CPP or literate source files (for the
exact-printer), please report to the trac:
More information about the Haskell-Cafe