[Haskell-cafe] Announce: language-python version 0.2 now available
florbitous at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 08:03:32 EST 2009
I'm pleased to announce that version 0.2 of the language-python
package is now available on hackage:
language-python provides lexical analysis and parsing for Python.
Major features of this release:
- Support for versions 2.x and 3.x of Python (previously only 3.x
- Lexical tokens and AST nodes are annotated with accurate source
- Comments are retained as tokens, and are collected by the parser.
Main shortcomings of this release:
- Support for Unicode is limited (waiting on Unicode support in Alex).
- It has only undergone minimal testing (testing infrastructure is
still being built).
I've also written a small client of the package, called
language-python-colour, which renders Python source code as XHTML for
colouring etc. The main purpose of this is to demonstrate how to use
language-python, and the utility of accurate source spans.
More information about the Haskell-Cafe