[Haskell-cafe] Arrays in Clean and Haskell

Philippos Apolinarius phi500ac at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 4 05:57:41 EST 2009

Jason Dusek wrote:

> How do you read in the IOUArray? By parsing a character string
> or do you treat the file as binary numbers or ... ?

I always pare the file. Parsing the file has the advantage of alowing me to have files of any format. In general, in homeworks, TA generate files using different tools.  For instance, a professor of electrical protection of hardware made a lot of measurements of transient currents due to lightning. The file has thousands of three column lines, each one containing time, voltage and current.  Students are supposed to read the file, and plot voltage and current time series. Even the numbers are in a strange format... So, one needs to parse the file.

--
Jason Dusek