[Haskell-cafe] ANN: timeplot - a program for visualizing time
series from log files
ekirpichov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 07:02:46 EST 2009
I've released timeplot on hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/timeplot
Timeplot is a program for visualizing time series from log files.
The typical usage scenario:
- Take a big log file of your program (100k-1m lines is OK)
- Preprocess it with an awk one-liner to obtain a trace for timeplot
- Plot the trace with timeplot, telling it which chart type (one of
8) to use for each "track" of the trace. For example, you can plot the
frequencies of response times falling into 0..100ms, 100..500ms,
500..1000ms and >1000ms over 5-minute time intervals, or plot their
25% and 50% quantiles.
- Behold the resulting graphics and discover anomalies and
interesting process interdependencies in your program.
Take a look at the description with lots of pretty pictures and a tutorial:
Web IR developer, market.yandex.ru
More information about the Haskell-Cafe