[Haskell-cafe] Re: Best Editor In Windows

Gregory Crosswhite gcross at phys.washington.edu
Tue Nov 3 04:21:53 EST 2009

Gour,

Yes, I use Leo for Haskell development.  You will need to use the
development trunk, though, since it contains a necessary patch I
submitted to make Leo work correctly with Haskell sources.   You can
download this from Launchpad:

	https://launchpad.net/leo-editor

It is possible to use Emacs as the external editor.  I don't remember
the exact procedure off the top of my head, but the idea is that you
enable the emacs plugin inside Leo, set your installation of emacs to
start the emacs server (so that emacsclient can connect to it), and
then when you double-click on a node it sends the node to emacs via.
emacsclient and when you save the buffer is sent back to Leo.  One
caveat with this is that Leo has a newer Qt-based GUI and an older Tk-
based GUI, and I don't know if the plugin works with the Qt-based GUI
yet.  You can tell Leo to use the Tk GUI by specifying "--gui=Tk" on
the command line --- i.e., "python launchLeo.py --gui=Tk".

Hope this helps!

- Greg