[Haskell-cafe] AND/OR Perceptron

Ryan Ingram ryani.spam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 09:38:57 EST 2009

I suppose I wasn't entirely clear.

"where" is syntactic sugar for "let...in", pattern matching is syntactic
sugar for "case", and guards are syntactic sugar for "if..then..else" and/or
"case" (for pattern guards)

In fact, the whole reason for the existence of "where" is so that it can
attach at a higher-level scope and make use of the other syntactic sugar
(like guards).  Also, I find the postfix definitions in "where" to generally
be more readable, but that is a matter of taste.

  -- ryan