[Haskell-cafe] ANN: haskell-mode 2.6
Svein Ove Aas
svein.ove at aas.no
Sun Nov 1 14:20:56 EST 2009
Haskell-mode 2.6 has been released.
* By web: http://projects.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/
* By darcs: http://code.haskell.org/haskellmode-emacs/
This is mainly a bugfix release; to anyone using
haskell-indentation, the big news will be that it no longer
under some circumstances hands you a parse error and
refuses to insert a newline, or backspace.
It still gives you a parse error. It just tries its best to proceed
There are also some new features, courtesy of Alex Ott:
More font-lock symbols, and a hayoo function.
In the case of the font-lock symbols, your mileage may vary
on how nice the picked ones are. Mine certainly does. As such,
I'm announcing open season on font-lock symbols: Comment
to your heart's desire, and I'll use whatever you decide on for
the next official release.
The tab-cycle implementation is thanks to ivanm, whose random
comments can trigger hours and hours of work.
I'll just quote from the NEWS file now:
Changes since 2.5.1
* haskell-indentation: Pressing tab in the rightmost position now
moves to the leftmost, by default with a warning.
* Typo fix: One haskell-indentation variable had ended up in the
haskell-ntation customize group.
* haskell-hoogle aliased to hoogle, haskell-hayoo aliased to hayoo
* Courtesy of Alex Ott:
- Additional unicode symbols for font-lock-symbols: () == /= >= <=
!! && || sqrt
- M-x haskell-hayoo search added, opens using browse-url
- Bug-fix for inferior-haskell-type
* If haskell-indentation errors out, it now fail-safes to inserting
a literal newline or deleting one character, for return and
Svein Ove Aas
More information about the Haskell-Cafe