[Haskell-cafe] Missing a "Deriving"?

michael rice nowgate at yahoo.com
Sun May 31 00:46:56 EDT 2009

I figured out the [[Int]] case for myself, but hadn't considered the Failure case. Thanks.

In function "searchAll", given a calling context Failable [Int],  for the line

   where search' [] = failure "no path"

"failure" would be "Fail", a constructor that takes a String. Right?

But using either of the other two contexts, where failure equals either const Nothing or const [] it would seem like that same string argument "no path" would be passed to either Nothing or [], which doesn't make any sense. Explanation?

Michael