[Haskell-cafe] can someone point me to more help about Database.HDBC.ODBC?

Michael P Mossey mpm at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri May 29 23:01:36 EDT 2009

I'm trying to use Database.HDBC.ODBC to connect to a MySQL server, and I cannot
figure out the docs. I want to establish a connection, and I know the server
url, username, and password. According to these docs...

...I am supposed to pass a string to connectODBC. These docs do not explain the
meaning of the passed string, but refer me to a microsoft document:

I cannot make any sense of this microsoft document. I guess I don't know enough
about database interfaces in general. Can someone explain how to make a connect
to a specific URL, or point me to some clearer docs?