[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Hac φ: Haskell hackathon in Philadelphia, July 24-26

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Thu May 28 18:06:06 EDT 2009

Greetings,

I am very pleased to officially announce Hac phi, a Haskell
hackathon/get-together to be held July 24-26 at the University of
Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.  The hackathon will officially kick off
at 2:30 Friday afternoon, and go until 5pm on Sunday (with breaks for
sleep, of course).  Thanks to everyone who has already expressed
interest in attending, it's shaping up to be a fun event.  I want to
stress that everyone is welcome---you do not have to be a Haskell guru
to attend!  Helping hack on someone else's project could be a great
way to increase your Haskell-fu.

If you plan on coming, please officially register [1], even if you
already put your name on the wiki.  Registration, travel, lodging and
many other details can now be found on the Hac phi wiki [2].

We're also looking for a few people interested in giving short (15-20
min.) talks, probably on Saturday afternoon.  Anything of interest to
the Haskell community is fair game---a project you've been working on,
a paper, a quick tutorial.  If you'd like to give a talk, add it on
the wiki [3].

Hope to see you in Philadelphia!

-The Hac φ team

[1] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Hac_%CF%86/Register