[Haskell-cafe] Data.Binary and little endian encoding

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 28 12:34:51 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-28 at 12:08 -0400, John Van Enk wrote:
>         I'm trying to implement the protocol, so that I can implement
>         other things on top of that.
>         I'm also trying to figure out how bad/good Haskell Binary IO
>         really is that it's been addressed a few times differently :-)
> FWIW, I've used Data.Binary extensively and have found it a joy to
> work with. I've used it to serialize/deserialize ethernet packets in
> real time for a VPN implementation and have never had a problem. It's
> quite fast and robust.

Is that code available? We could do with something serious for
benchmarking the binary package, especially if we go for any major

If it's not available publicly perhaps you might share it privately. Don
and I have discussed a few times writing a paper on the design and
implementation of a binary library.