[Haskell-cafe] Re: Who takes care of Haskell mailing lists?

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Thu May 28 02:40:23 EDT 2009

On Wed, 27 May 2009 17:52:17 -0300, Mauricio <briqueabraque at yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I would like to create a mailing list for Portuguese speaking
>Haskell programmers. I tried checking haskell.org mailing lists
>page, but the only contact e-mail I see is 'mailman at haskell.org',
>and a message sent to that address is replied with an automatic
>message saying I'm not authorized to use it.
>
>Is there someone I could contact about that?

According to "Mailing lists - HaskellWiki" (see
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Mailing_lists),

>Any problems with haskell or haskell-cafe should be reported to haskell-admin at haskell.org, and any problems with haskell-beginners should be reported to DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com.

In addition, if you wish to suggest a new mailing list for Haskell, I
would suggest first posting a message suggesting this idea on the
Haskell mailing list (see "Haskell Info Page" at
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell), and then moving the
topic after the first few posting rounds to the Haskell-Cafe mailing
list (this list).

Furthermore, there is a list of haskell.org mailing lists at the
following site:

haskell.org Mailing Lists
http://haskell.org/mailman/listinfo

It may help to notice that one of the mailing lists listed at the
above-mentioned site is the following one for French readers:

Haskell-fr Info Page
http://www.haskell.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-fr

You may wish to use the existence of this list as a basis for arguing
that a Portuguese mailing list should be created.

Alternatively, there is the option of creating a Haskell-related
mailing list outside of haskell.org, such as the following:

haskell-art Info Page
http://lists.lurk.org/mailman/listinfo/haskell-art

Hope this helps.

-- Benjamin L. Russell