[Haskell-cafe] trying to understand space leaks....

Daryoush Mehrtash dmehrtash at gmail.com
Thu May 28 00:03:52 EDT 2009

I (think)  I understand the problem.  What I don't have any intuition about
is how much  space would "Expensive Structure" take if it was basically an
IO Char computation fed into a simple function (say checks for char being
equal to "a").   Is there any way to guess, know the size of the buffer that
is kept in the heap?

thanks,

Daryoush