[Haskell-cafe] Re: Error message reform

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:40:37 EDT 2009

Hello Henning,

> Bulat Ziganshin schrieb:

>> actually, i don't have much problems with errrmsgs now, but trying to
>> grok how i interpret them i've found that i mainly use *position*
>> part of message, it's enough for me most times :)

> I have heard the statement "users are only interested in the error
> position" in a talk 2007 in RISC in Hagenberg. But I still try to
> understand error messages.

i'm not "uninterested". it's just faster for me to find message looking
at the code rather than to decipher errmsg

so while beginners crying at cryptic errmsgs, advanced beginners like
me don't waste time trying to decrypt them :)

but don't take it too seriously - for this particular message problem
is only those inferred/expected interpretation, types by itself are
helpful

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com