[Haskell-cafe] Re: Error message reform (was: Strange type error with associated type synonyms)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:24:47 EDT 2009

Hello Max,

>> I absolutely agree about expected/inferred. I always forget which is
>> which, because I can figure both could apply to each.

> That's actually true for me too. When you say it like that, I remember
> times when I've had the same confusion.

it's why i asked beginners. it seems that we all go through times
when ghc errmsgs looks cryptic but then we start to live with it and
forget the first period

actually, i don't have much problems with errrmsgs now, but trying to
grok how i interpret them i've found that i mainly use *position*
part of message, it's enough for me most times :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com