[Haskell-cafe] Strange type error with associated type synonyms

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed May 27 17:05:19 EDT 2009

Hello Max,

> I don't remember having any trouble, but that was a few years ago, and
> type errors are confusing generally. I think that the main difficulty
> with type errors is not the error *messages*, but I'm sure there is
> room for improvement.

> Do you have any ideas?

i mean just changing the words to make obvious what type was got in
what way. and check it on beginners who don't yet read your
explanations, for example teachers may test it on their students

my English is limited... for example, it may be like this:

read x

Error: type of x is Integer
 while type of read argument should be String

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com