[Haskell-cafe] trying to understand space leaks....

Daryoush Mehrtash dmehrtash at gmail.com
Wed May 27 15:49:10 EDT 2009

So long as the [s] is a fixed list (say [1,2,3,4]) there is no space
leak.    My understanding was that the space leak only happens if there is
computation involved in building the list of s.      Am I correct?

If so, I still don't have any feeling for what needs to be saved on the heap
to be able to back track on computation that needs and  IO computation
data.    What would be approximate  space that an IO (Char) computation
take  on the heap, is it few bytes, 100, 1k,  ....?

Daryoush