[Haskell-cafe] No VerboseCheck in QuickCheck 2?

Yusaku Hashimoto nonowarn at gmail.com
Tue May 26 07:16:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

I don't think I am familiar enough with QuickCheck 2.
But there seems to be no verboseCheck like function,
and sample and sample' is useful to printing test cases.

     ghci> sample (arbitrary :: Gen Int)
     1
     0
     1
     -2
     -2
     -5
     -16
     -9
     -57
     -115
     -94
     ghci> sample (arbitrary :: Gen (Int,Int))
     (0,1)
     (-1,-1)
     (1,2)
     (3,-4)
     (-4,5)
     (11,-9)
     (-2,8)
     (18,17)
     (-63,-32)
     (-117,-71)
     (195,-198)
     ghci> f <- fmap head $ sample' (arbitrary :: Gen (Int -> Maybe
Int))
     ghci> map f [1..10]
     [Nothing,Just (-1),Just 1,Nothing,Nothing,Just
1,Nothing,Nothing,Just 1,Just 1]

Thanks,
Hashimoto