Putting unit tests in cabal files (Was Re: [Haskell-cafe] HUnit)

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri May 22 02:33:49 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Vasili I. Galchin <vigalchin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I have some code with several test cases that use HUnit. I added hunit
> as one of my cabal dependencies but cabal complained with:
> Setup: At least the following dependencies are missing:
> hutil -any
> What am I doing incorrectly?

Would you mind posting your .cabal file too?

The reson I'm asking is that I've so far _never_ put any information
about unit tests or quickcheck tests in my .cabal file, simply because
I don't want the executables to be picked up by automatic package
converters such as cabal2arch.  Instead I have a makefile for building
my test programs.

If you have some way of keeping information about building of tests in
your .cabal I'd be very interested in seeing it.