[Haskell-cafe] Linkage errors in scenegraph

Sven Panne Sven.Panne at aedion.de
Sun May 17 06:21:08 EDT 2009

Am Sonntag, 17. Mai 2009 01:07:55 schrieb Gregory D. Weber:
> I'd like to get the scenegraph package
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/scenegraph)
> to work, but am encountering linkage errors.
> [...]
> Also, I notice that in the cabal file for scenegraph, the
> list of exposed modules
>
> Exposed-Modules: Graphics.SceneGraph,
> 	Graphics.SceneGraph.Basic,
>         Graphics.SceneGraph.Vector,
>         Graphics.SceneGraph.Render,
>         Graphics.SceneGraph.SimpleViewport,
> 	Graphics.SceneGraph.GraphViz,
>         Graphics.SceneGraph.Library,
>         Graphics.SceneGraph.Dump,
>         Graphics.SceneGraph.Textures
>
> does not include Graphics.SceneGraph.Matrix, but that should only mean
> that I can't call functions of that module directly -- not that the
> other SceneGraph modules can't call them -- right? [...]

That basically means that the scenegraph package is broken. ;-) Internal
modules have to be listed in "other-modules:", a section the Cabal file
doesn't contain. As a quick fix, you can add all missing modules in this
section, but this should of course be fixed in the official package, too.

http://www.haskell.org/cabal/release/cabal-latest/doc/users-
guide/authors.html#buildinfo

Cheers,
   S.