[Haskell-cafe] typeclasses comprehension problems: situation classes?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat May 16 15:04:32 EDT 2009

Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Belka,
>
> Saturday, May 16, 2009, 9:22:54 PM, you wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to learn Haskell typeclasses, - about how to use them, - but
>
> am i correctly understood that you've started learning type classes
> with multi-parameter ones? this may be a bit too brave, especially for
> a woman :D

Oh, I'd say that holds for men even more :-)  It surely did hold for the man
writing this.

(Oh, and may I suggest that we all are careful with the gender jokes on the
list, no matter how well-intended and even if we know the woman in question.
It's simply too easy to mis-interpret on a medium with a bandwidth like email.)

/M