[Haskell-cafe] question on the Prelude .. vis-a-vis

Vasili I. Galchin vigalchin at gmail.com
Wed May 13 01:17:06 EDT 2009

Hello,

      I am seriously punching my way to build Swish via .cabal ... My head
is totally to the wall .... punch .. punch .....

Graham Lyle has written some seriously beautiful code .... I am trying to
get to adhere to contemporary Haskell namespace convention ..... I still
awaiting response from Graham vis-a-vis posting on Hackage ... I strongly
think that in bioinformatics and also oil/gas industry(<< I am stuck here
everyday ;^)) that Swish is a strong arena of discussion!   In any case ..
there are some issues:

1) I strongly suspect that in Swish 0.2.1 that some of Graham's libaries are
already superseded by the Haskell prelude , e.g. HUnit, Parsec(!!!), his
Sort directory/library .. Don ...please

2) Graham wrote a deterministic finite automaton ..... which is giving some
grieve namespace-wise ..... please see following

Swish/HaskellRDF/Dfa/Dfa.lhs:1:0:
    Failed to load interface for `Prelude':
      it is a member of package base, which is hidden
vigalchin

here is a fragement of Dfa.lhs:

> {-# OPTIONS -fglasgow-exts #-}
> {-# OPTIONS -fallow-undecidable-instances #-}

> module Swish.HaskellRDF.Dfa.Dfa (
>     Re(..),
>     matchRe,
>     matchRe2