[Haskell-cafe] cabal parse problems

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sat May 9 11:48:36 EDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 19:37 -0500, Vasili I. Galchin wrote:
> are them some CLI switches I can enable in order to better determine
> what "parse error" is??

The problem is that we're using a parser that has no support for
producing parse errors (Text.ParserCombinators.ReadP). The only reason
we're using this parser is because it's the only one in the core
libraries. Packages like parsec cannot be used in Cabal because Cabal is
a core library and parsec is not.

For this reason we've been considering just copying another parser
module into Cabal so that we can have saner (and quicker) parsing.

> Kind regards, Vasili
>
> On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Vasili I. Galchin
> <vigalchin at gmail.com> wrote:
>         sorrily nope, Brian ...

For what it's worth, Brian was right, you cannot have a trailing comma
in a list field. Perhaps there was an additional error in the file that
we could not see in the bit you posted.

Duncan