Can HLint help spot space leaks? (was: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Generating Haskell with associated types (and kind annotations))

Jason Dagit dagit at
Fri May 8 15:08:44 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Neil Mitchell <ndmitchell at> wrote:

> I've used the project extensively in HLint
> ( and
> it works fantastically.

Hi Neil,

A bit off-topic, but your post reminded me:  Does HLint currently help the
user find space leaks?  For example, does it recommend strict folds instead
of lazy folds?  I looked at the FAQ but this was not listed.  I don't really
know how feasible this is.