[Haskell-cafe] Re: Visualizing Typed Functions

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Thu May 7 18:44:56 EDT 2009

>> With these functions visualized, one could make a kind of "drag and
>> drop" interface for Haskell programming, although that isn't really my
>> intention.  I admit this is a little convoluted even for the purpose of
>> visualization, but at least it's a starting place.  Does anyone know of
>> another system or better representation?

Sure, google for visual programming languages - some examples:

- there was a "Visual Haskell", before the Visual Studio plugin
    http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~johnr/papers/

- dissect a mockingbird
    http://users.bigpond.net.au/d.keenan/Lambda/

- vpl bibliography
    http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~burnett/vpl.html

> @ It seems that we are getting pretty close to the point that youtube is
> getting to be a better reference than a paper, at least for
> practitioners. A lot of talks are on youtube :)

You could always post a screencast of yourself reading a paper!-)

Claus