[Haskell-cafe] GLFW - Mac OS X

Austin Seipp mad.one at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:21:50 EDT 2009

Excerpts from GüŸnther Schmidt's message of Thu May 07 14:12:04 -0500 2009:
> Hi,
>
> has anybody recently install the GLFW package on Mac OS X?
>
> It won't install on my machine.
>
> Günther

I ran into this problem - with GHC 6.10.2 or above if you try to
install GLFW with cabal install you get a host of errors that are
SSE-based and for that matter make absolutely no sense at all, but
they do appear.

The solution (unfortunately) is manually to alter the GLFW.cabal file
to pass the '-msse2' option to gcc *while under OS X*. That is, the
cabal file should look something like:

    if os(darwin)
      include-dirs: glfw/include glfw/lib glfw/lib/macosx
      c-sources:
-->   cc-options: -msse2
      frameworks: AGL Carbon OpenGL

So just add that line marked with '-->'.

This will make sure GCC does not die while building. I'm honestly not
sure why this change has occurred, but it's pretty annoying, and I
guess I should probably send a patch to Paul. H. Liu...

Austin