[Haskell] Re[2]: [Haskell-cafe] Is Haskell a Good Choice for Web Applications? (ANN: Vocabulink)

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu May 7 10:17:52 EDT 2009

Hello Simon,

> out of date and say 256k, I've just fixed that).  The old generation is
> allowed to grow to 2x its previous size by default before being
> collected.

you are right. i just checked old logs - seems that previously i just
misinterpreted them

>> we need  authoritative description that pays attention to all
>> GC-related RTS  switches

> I'm happy to add more text here, what else would you like to see?

how about text that describes GC scenario like you was wrote in this
letter? plus, description of RTS +S report format - it may be added to
this scenario, i.e. "after this major GC, the following line will be
printed to +S report: ..."

for example, i still doesn't understand why

old_live + alloc - collect != new_live

in the report below (i extracted two sequential lines):

    Alloc    Collect    Live    GC    GC     TOT     TOT  Page Flts
    bytes     bytes     bytes  user  elap    user    elap
   265016    303104    840008  0.00  0.00    0.11    0.17    0    0  (Gen:  0)
   265612    266240    904196  0.00  0.00    0.11    0.17    0    0  (Gen:  0)

and completely separate topic - +RTS -s report description also
doesn't exist

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com