[Haskell-cafe] When is it OK to create a new mailing list?

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Mon May 4 06:51:16 EDT 2009

Am Samstag, 2. Mai 2009 14:11 schrieb Mads Lindstrøm:
> Hi
>
> I wanted a mailing list for my project WxGeneric and I am wondering when
> it is OK to do so? How big must the potential audience be? Is there any
> kind of etiquette or guidelines?
>
> Here http://haskell.org/mailman/admin it says that I must have "the
> proper authority" to create a mailing list. What is meant by "proper
> authority"? Can I just try to create one and see if I am successful? Or
> must I request someone to do it?

Hello,

I think there are two Mailmans on haskell.org. The page
<http://haskell.org/mailman/admin> refers to the one which hosts
haskell-cafe, ghc-users, etc. The other one hosts the mailing lists of
projects.haskell.org.

You can host relatively small projects on projects.haskell.org and you can
create a mailing list for each of them. So maybe projects.haskell.org is the
way to go for you?

Best wishes,
Wolfgang