[Haskell-cafe] Haskell vs Clean (speed comparison)

Thomas DuBuisson thomas.dubuisson at gmail.com
Sun May 3 15:00:22 EDT 2009

> I haven't seen the Haskell site mention the shootout, whereas web pages
> about Clean often do.

Well, there certainly has been significant efforts on the shootout in the
Haskell community.  There's wiki pages about it [1] and it comes up on the
Haskell reddit and proggit frequently.

With regard to the original discussion on comparing Haskell shootout results
to Clean I suggest people think more about making Haskell use as little
memory as Clean does and not worrying so much about the Haskell vs. Clean
CPU time.

Thomas

[1] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Shootout
[2] http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/search?q=shootout - and that doesn't
show comments, just some submitted links.