[Haskell-cafe] using haskell for a project

Martijn van Steenbergen martijn at van.steenbergen.nl
Sun May 3 08:38:06 EDT 2009

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Martyanoff wrote:
> So now I'd want to use it for a small project of mine, a simple
> multiplayer roguelike based on telnet. I wrote a minimal server in C, and
> it took me a few hours. Now I'm thinking about doing the same in Haskell,
> and I'm in trouble.

I don't know if this is of any help at all but I've been working a bit
on a MUD in Haskell. You can find the source code here:

http://code.google.com/p/custard/

You might be able to get some ideas from the source code. If you have
any questions, feel free to ask.

There are no spells (yet), but there are players and rooms and you can
walk around a few rooms.

Martijn.