[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Silkworm game

Duane Johnson duane.johnson at gmail.com
Sat May 2 15:00:23 EDT 2009

Reprinted from my blog post [1]:

===

The semester is over, my final project was a success (at least in that
I passed the class) and it’s time now to release the game I made for
Graphics 455: Silkworm!

This is my first full application in Haskell.  The process has been an
enlarging experience–I’ve come to really enjoy the mental work that
goes into thinking about a program in a functional way.  I highly
recommend the challenge to other software engineers.

Silkworm combines the Hipmunk binding to Chipmunk 2D Game Dynamics
with OpenGL, and GLFW (an alternative to GLUT).

It’s built to work on Mac OS X, but it uses cross-platform libraries
so it should be fairly easy to port to other platforms.  The source
code is here [2] and below are some screenshots [1]

-- Duane Johnson
(canadaduane)

===

[1] http://blog.inquirylabs.com/2009/05/02/silkworm-game-written-in-haskell/