[Haskell-cafe] Making videos of your project

Bayley, Alistair Alistair.Bayley at invesco.com
Tue Mar 31 11:36:23 EDT 2009

> From: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
> [mailto:haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Claus Reinke
>
> The problem comes when trying to scale down the size to
> what would fit in a browser window (what a viewer would see,
> without having to scroll around) - text becomes hard to read (quality,
> not size) if I scale from 1280x800 to 640x400, and if I try to work
> in a screen area that fits 640x400 in the first place (so no scaling
> would be needed), I can't really show anything..
>
> The intended topic is still haskellmode for Vim, updating the
> old screenshot tour from
>
> http://www.cs.kent.ac.uk/~cr3/toolbox/haskell/Vim/vim.html
>
> so there'd be a gvim window and a browser window (in real
> life, also a GHCi window, and quite possibly a cygwin window,
> but lets keep it simple), and the most interesting info is not in
> graphics, but in the texts, source code, menus, tooltips, ...,
>
> Claus

Vimeo supports HD video, of a sort. I've not used it, so can't offer any
real advice, but anyways...

Their compression FAQ (http://vimeo.com/help/compression) suggests they
support a resolution of 1280x720, which looks like it might just be
enough for you.

Alistair
Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is