[Haskell-cafe] ANN: cmonad 0.1.1

Malcolm Wallace malcolm.wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Mar 30 17:24:10 EDT 2009

On 30 Mar 2009, at 20:16, Andrew Coppin wrote:
>> Lennart, what is the next language DSL you are going to build?
>> Prolog? XSLT?
>
> Declarative 3D scene construction? ;-)

The ICFP programming contest in year 2000 was to write a ray tracer
for a given declarative 3D scene construction language (CSG -
constructive solid geometry).  A team from Galois wrote a decent entry
in Haskell, which did not win (those were the glory days of O'Caml),
but it was placed in the top three.  I believe with some careful
googling, you should still be able to find a copy of the source code.

I'm sure that if someone were to return to the idea now, the DSL for
CSG could be improved in many ways, since the original language was
simply given in the contest description, and there was no point in
altering it.

Regards,
     Malcolm