[Haskell-cafe] Re: Data Structures with Haskell

Achim Schneider barsoap at web.de
Wed Mar 25 18:58:02 EDT 2009

Rohit Agrawalla <sonuxp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a beginner haskell programmer. I am interested  in data
> structures implementation (all from basic ones like stack, queues
> etc. to advance ones like balanced binary trees, graphs etc.)  in
> haskell. It would be really helpful if someone can point some good
> references for the same.

The fgl paper[1] is highly readable. It explains and solves the issues a
functional approach has to overcome that an imperative approach can
simply hack around and gave me many important insights into how to
think in a functional way as I was starting to learn Haskell. YMMV, but
if you're a decent imperative coder and/or got any kind of scheme or
ocaml experience most of it shouldn't be too hard to follow.

[1] http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~erwig/papers/abstracts.html#JFP01