[Haskell-cafe] about Haskell code written to be "too smart"

Clive Brettingham-Moore haskell at brettingham-moore.net
Tue Mar 24 19:48:24 EDT 2009

Code like that is why I love Haskell, while I haven't written a Haskell
program in years it is still a joy to read (much more so than the pretty
good zipWith version).
In reference to later comments: if you don't know Monads, you don't know
Haskell; that goes double for high order functions.
So really the only place where this code may be inappropriate is in a
beginner tutorial (unless you are trying to show why they need to learn
more!).