[Haskell-cafe] about Haskell code written to be "too smart"

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 17:22:35 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 10:11 PM, Manlio Perillo
<manlio_perillo at libero.it>wrote:

> This strategy is doomed to failure, unfortunately.

So it is the good strategy, because Haskell's slogan is "avoid success at
all cost" :-)

> We live in the real world, compromises are necessary.

I don't think so. It's just that we have different kinds of people with
different skills. If you try to please the whole world, you please nobody.

As a beginner Haskeller, I just know I need more practice. folding is now
natural to me, but monad transformers and applicative stuff not yet, but
that's a matter of time. I just need to practice practice practice.