[Haskell-cafe] Re: Hugs on iPhone

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Mar 24 11:06:29 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 07:00:26PM -0400, Rick R wrote:
> The agreement doesn't specifically prohibit the use of interpreters (just
> those than run external code). It also doesn't say anything about machine
> generated code. The only thing one would have to ensure is that the
> dependencies of JHC are all compiled in, or statically linked. Shared libs
> are disallowed in any app. If it has a runtime dependency on gcc (is there
> such a thing?) Then you would have to statically link it and therefore
> couldn't sell your application. (gotta love GPL)

No problem here, the gcc licence explicity states things compiled with it are not
considered derivative works. And after all, Mac OS X is compiled with
gcc, apple X-Code uses gcc as its compiler and I think gcc may even be
the only objective C compiler out there.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈