[Haskell-cafe] Hugs on iPhone

Rick R rick.richardson at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 14:23:19 EDT 2009

Unfortunately the developers agreement expressly forbids the use of
interpreters that load and run external programs. This is probably for the
simple reason that it would be almost impossible to secure, or even
guarantee that it wont exceed its space and mem usage bounds required by
AppStore apps.

Short answer: Jailbreak and install away :)

2009/3/23 Kirk Martinez <kirk.martinez at gmail.com>

> I saw Miguel Mitrofanov (
> http://www.nabble.com/Hugs-on-the-iphone-td19478992.html) successfully
> ported Hugs to the iPhone.  I'm now wondering if anyone has tried to get
> Apple's blessing to put this in the App Store?  It would be really great to
> be able to try out little Haskell ideas as the mood strikes.  Of course,
> it's kind of essential to have an editor of some kind for more significant
> programs...
>
> Thanks,
> Kirk

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we
created them.
   - A. Einstein