[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] salvia-0.1, salvia-extras-0.1

Sebastiaan Visser sfvisser at cs.uu.nl
Sun Mar 22 17:05:15 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am pleased to announce a new version of Salvia, the lightweight
Haskell Web Server Framework with modular support for serving static
files, directories indices, default error responses, connection
counting and logging, HEAD and PUT requests, keep-alives, custom
banner printing, default handler environments for parsing request and
printing responses, dispatching based on request methods, URI, paths
and filename extension, URI rewriting and redirection, virtual
hosting, cookie, session and user management and more...

Changes since previous version:

- Some more advanced, non-fundamental handlers have been moved to
their own package salvia-extras. This helps pruning the dependencies a
bit.
- The package now has some default handler environments that simplify
setting up a server application.
- The server now has support for keep-alive, significantly increasing
the performance.
- The library functions are now almost fully documented instead of no-
documentation-at-all in the previous versions.
- Salvia now also works on windows (I heard).
- Lots of code cleanups throughout the code.
- Lots of minor bug fixes.

To install: use cabal.

Thanks to the people that helped me with suggestions and bug-reports!

--
Sebastiaan.