[Haskell-cafe] Re: A guess on stack-overflows - thunksbuild-upand tail recursion

Duane Johnson duane.johnson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 21:19:06 EDT 2009

I just found out about GHood through this thread, and since it
impressed me very much to see something so cool, I feel bad making
this comment... but I am always disturbed by the flickering effect
produced by java applets in my browser (FF 3.0) while scrolling.  From
an implementation standpoint this is obviously a nitpick, but from a
designer standpoint it nearly single-handedly kills any prospect of my
putting it up on a page.

With that said, I think the canvas+js idea is a wonderful alternative
to proprietary Flash.

Regards,
Duane Johnson