[Haskell-cafe] Ease of Haskell development on OS X?

Jeff Heard jefferson.r.heard at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 14:10:09 EDT 2009

cabal-install works for me.  The one thing that would be REALLY REALLY
nice (and I'm cc-ing Duncan on this) is a .dmg for Gtk2Hs on Mac OS X.
 There exists a ports build for it, but it won't use the GHC that is
installed via .dmg to build it - it insists instead on installing ghc
again via ports, which I find both odd and undesirable.  It really
comes down to the fact that gtk2hs is the only thing in the
haskellverse that requires ports to get compiled in an intuitive way.