[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] random-stream package

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Mar 19 09:59:11 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 11:55:16AM +0100, Manlio Perillo wrote:

> Note that I have not uploaded it on Hackage, and I do not plan to upload it
> in the near future, at least until I will repute the package mature enough.

I would encourage you to upload it to Hackage regardless of its
supposed maturity, especially if you want feedback.  I'm not sure why
you would be hesitant to upload your package; Hackage hosts an
extremely wide range of packages in terms of maturity, and that's a
good thing.  It also provides a very convenient method (in combination
with cabal-install) of disseminating libraries.  I am several orders
of magnitude more likely to try something out if I can just 'cabal
install foo' than if I have to manually download and unpack a tarball
myself, and I doubt I am alone in this.

-Brent