[Haskell-cafe] server directory layout for cabal-install?

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Mar 18 17:24:10 EDT 2009

Hello.

I wonder what is the required layout of directories
and files on a server that supplies packages for cabal-install.

I figure 00-index.tar.gz contains the *.cabal files.
(The cabal files have to be on the server as well, unpacked?)
Each $dir/$foo.cabal (in the archive) contains a "Version:$ver" line,
and then $dir/$foo-$ver.tar.gz  must be on the server?
Are there additional constraints on the $dir part?

What is the syntax of the .cabal/config file? The standard entry is
repos: hackage.haskell.org:http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive ,
where the thing between "repos:" and ":http" is just a symbolic name,
and I can add more lines like that?

Thanks, J.W.