[Haskell-cafe] OpenGL and Cabal installation

Henk-Jan van Tuyl hjgtuyl at chello.nl
Wed Mar 18 12:28:01 EDT 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:34:29 +0100, Mark Spezzano
<mark.spezzano at chariot.net.au> wrote:

> configure: error: no GLUT header found, so this package cannot be built
>
> See `config.log' for more details.
>

> Where is it looking for these glut.h files? I’ve tried putting them
> everywhere in my PATH but msys won’t find them.

Add an environment variable C_INCLUDE_PATH and assign it the value of the
directory where you keep the header files; for instance, if the glut.h
file is in:
   C:\usr\local\include\GLUT
then do
   Set C_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\usr\local\include
before compiling, or set this variable in Windows with System properties.
Similarly, set LIBRARY_PATH for the libraries to link.

--
Regards,
Henk-Jan van Tuyl

--