[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Logo Voting has started!

Wolfgang Jeltsch g9ks157k at acme.softbase.org
Wed Mar 18 06:33:29 EDT 2009

Am Dienstag, 17. März 2009 16:55 schrieb Eelco Lempsink:
> We'll see.  Worst case: nobody votes (with 123 votes at this moment, I
> don't think that will be the problem).  Second worst case: most people
> don't have/take the time to order a bit, so it turns into a majority
> vote.

Or there are many people like me who won’t vote at all because the process is
so difficult and time-consuming. :-(

> That said, you're absolutely right the visual feedback of the voting
> system is suboptimal.  I'd be very interested in seeing a good UI for
> this sort of task.  I imagine it'd be pretty close to printing
> everything on small pieces of paper and ordering them by hand ;)

A good UI is what we need here. Maybe someone can write a simple app that does
the following:

    * download the logos from the Haskell web server

    * present the user pairs of logos and let him decide which one of the two
    presented logos he likes better

    * shows a progress bar during voting

    * presents the voting result for easy entering into the webpage

Best wishes,
Wolfgang