[Haskell-cafe] Re: Haskell Logo Voting has started!

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 05:03:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 15:24:28 +0100, Heinrich Apfelmus
<apfelmus at quantentunnel.de> wrote:

>[...]
>
>Thanks for organizing this, finally I can choose ... Oh my god! How am I
>supposed to make a vote?

Actually, I found the voting process to be fairly straightforward and
trivial.

Just go through the list, choose your top favorite, and assign rank 1
to it; then go through the rest of the list, choose your second
favorite, and assign rank 2 to it; similarly, repeat until you don't
see any more that you like.

Each time you assign a rank to a choice, the choice gets sorted to the
proper rank location from the top.

Then, optionally, choose all the ones that you don't dislike, and give
them rank 112 (I skipped this step because I didn't care about any of
the ones that I didn't like, and because I was too tired from
comparing all the ones that I did like).

Finally, leave all the rest with rank 113.

The process can take some time, especially at the beginning, since
each remaining choice must be compared with all other remaining
choices, but is quite thorough.

I picked my choices in stages, over a series of time periods, because
the entire list was too long to process in one sitting.

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^